Friday 11 May 2012

Hello World : )

This blog is a journal of my explorations in silversmithing and jewelry making. I want to document things, experiences and stuff that I find interesting or inspirational. And I wish to connect with people who make or appreciate handmade jewelry and with people that we share common interests!
I'm really curious to see where will it lead me and I'm sure there's a lot to learn on the way...

Jewelry making and me: I started making jewelry about 7 years ago, when I attended part time lessons in a jeweler's studio for about 3 years. There, I practiced a lot on design, fabrication techniques, soldering and finishing. I have also taken a course in «Experimental Jewelry» at Central Saint Martin's College in London. Little by little I set up my own workshop.
I love the way silversmithing combines creativity and technical skills to transform a flat piece of metal into a 3d object. And I'm always amazed by the fact -looking at the works of so many great jewelers- that the possibilities for creation are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment